Promoting the city’s artistic offerings and member galleries, GADA will host “A Taste of Art” May 5, 2018 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:0 0 p.m. The GADA “A Taste of Art” showcases the fine arts in Grapevine by offering a delightful evening of high quality art for all art lovers to collect and enjoy.
Paintings, Sculptures, Glass Blowing and demonstrations; take a walk along the vibrant historic downtown South Main Street for an evening of fine art enhanced by each of the five art galleries offerings of unique Hors d’oeuvre delicacies paired with signature wines.
Tickets are now available and can be purchased online only. Tickets are $20 for the entire 5 Gallery Show. Tickets are limited and we sold out very early at our last Spring event. Should any tickets be available 24 hours before the event the cost will be increased to $25 but can be purchased at any of the participating Galleries.
Purchase your tickets now to enjoy this amazing event!
Giddens Gallery of Fine Art, owned by John and Cherie Giddens, offers work from a vast variety of highly acclaimed Texas artists. Filling the walls of this diverse gallery are paintings of every style and medium plus sculptures in glass, wood, clay, metal and minerals. Giddens Gallery of Fine Art main purpose for Gallery Night is to satisfy your appetite for Fine Art. However, to enhance the experience they are including some upscale tasty Hors d’oeuvres paired with signature wines.
- Housemade Pimento Cheese baked in Phyllo and topped with Apricot Jam and Bacon (courtesy of Mason & Dixie)
- Roasted Pork Shoulder Crostini with Kentucky Bourbon sauce and fresh Cilantro (courtesy of Mason & Dixie)
- 2014 Trebbiano white wine (courtesy of Bingham Family Vineyards)
- 2014 Turnro red wine (courtesy of Bingham Family Vineyards)
624 S. MAIN ST.
Great American West Gallery, is the only exclusive Western fine art gallery in Texas specialized in original Western paintings and sculpture from the very best national artists working today as well as the deceased Western masters. Located in a restored late 19th century bank building on Main Street in Historic Downtown Grapevine, the Great American West Gallery presents its available artwork in a beautiful setting with brick walls and hardwood floors.
- Hearty Texas wild game appetizer (courtesy of Victor’s Wood Grill)
- Texas red wine
332 S. MAIN ST
Holder Dane Gallery & Art Studios is located at the historic train depot area alongside the new Tex-rail station. Their artists range from Ann Hardy’s old master style oil paintings to Maria Hunt’s large abstracts to the bronze long legged figures by Lorri Acott. Pastels, colored pencil drawings, photography, clay sculpture, fine pottery, contemporary jewelry, portraits…you will find all of this and new work at Holder Dane Gallery & Art Studios.
Holder Dane Gallery artists will be joining us for this evening of art, food and wine. Resident artists Deborah Allison our portraitist, painter Donna Palmersheim’s birds and sculptor Natalie O’Neill will be in the studio to talk about their techniques and inspirations. It is always a welcoming art filled evening at Holder Dane Gallery when artists and guests enjoy another very special “taste filled” spring Gallery Night.
- Baklava pistachio walnut cheesecake housed in crisp phyllo
- Apple cream cheese phyllo rosette tart
- “Chairman’s Reserve” red wine (courtesy of Grape Vine Springs Winery)
- Barrel aged chardonnay (courtesy of Grape Vine Springs Winery)
701 S. MAIN ST. SUITE 100
The Tower Gallery, located in the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau building, will be hosting the photography exhibition “4 Lenses”. The show is featuring work by Bruce Rosenstiel, Lindsey Barker, Mike Reyher, and Ray Maines.
- Hors D’oeuvre delicacy (to be announced)
- Signature wine (courtesy of Wine Fusion Winery)
636 S. MAIN ST.
Vetro Glassblowing Studio & Gallery, located at the train depot, surrounds you with a cascade of color in vibrant glass sculptures and delightful light filled objects. The Vetro gallery houses many fine glass artists’ work and glass jewelry. Always a source of entertainment is the performance of the glass blowers choreographing their skills in front of the glowing glass creations.
- Onsite Glassblowing Demonstrations
- Mediterranean Hors D’oeuvres
- Onsite Sommelier edifying the pairing of Chardonnay (courtesy of Grape Vine Springs Winery)
701 S. MAIN ST. SUITE 103